Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pictures from the trip to Iowa

While in Iowa, we went to many places and I saw many things that I would have never seen if not for Bob and Lucy. I so enjoyed my self. I spent my 66th birthday with them and we went to a restaurant by the Sioux River. I have included some more pictures from my trip.

Making items from Pipestone, There is a quarry in MI where they still mine by hand this stone. The Indians used this stone to make pipes. But they make other things also. I bought a pair of earings made out of pipestone. They are in the shape of a feather and look very nice on.



While in Pipestone, we ate lunch at this Inn. It is a very old hotel and inn. The lunch was very good and we could tell that the soups were homemade. We asked the waitress to take our picture. The hotel had been restored and the wood work was beautiful. If you ever go there, I am sure you would be comfortable.
















These next three pictures are of the restaurant where we ate for my birthday dinner. The river was beautiful and there were boats going up and down the river. It was a peaceful view.














A Toast at our meal. If you look out the window, you can see the river. They have an outside seating area, but it was hot and humid that day. Lucy and I had a glass of wine, but Bob had water, which I should have had. But I wanted to celebrate a little.











We also went to Falls Park in Sioux City. This was taken of the falls from a tower. The falls are pretty and I saw a small animal of some kind swimming.







Bob got Lucy's convertible going one day, so we were off to have some fun with the Top down. The breeze was blowing through our hair and it felt so good.











I was fascinated by the wind farms in Iowa. It seems that there are several of them. They are huge and look like big air plane propellers turning at the end of a long pole.







Back at the house Bob and Lucy surprised me with a Birthday Cake. Here I am blowing out a candle. It was a Carrot Cake and I did have a piece. Ummmmm Good!!










Bob has a garden and I couldn't resist taking a picture of him hoeing his garden. He will have some beautiful veggies to eat this summer.

Enjoy!




We also went to the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in Sioux City. It was a Sunday afternoon after lunch and church. I got to hear Katie Admire sing. She is a very good singer and we all enjoyed listening. She was singing at the Betty Strong Encounter Center and it was FREE!

After wards, we went to the Lewis and Clark side and and I saw a short video of their travel. I know I hadn't seen this before, but I can't remember what it was about. Oh well, out of sight out of mind. I think my mind is mostly out!


I know I am missing some of the places we went, but I had such a good time and I will have these memories the rest of my life. A big Thank you to Lucy and Bob for inviting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment