Sunday, August 16, 2009

Visit to Cedar Rapids, Iowa

While I was in Iowa, I visited a wonderful friend from my Online Cancer Bereavement group. Her name is Ruth and I stayed with her for two nights. I arrived about 4PM and low and behold there she was waiting for me outside her home, just to be sure I got the right house.

Her parents took us to dinner at a Pizza place that evening. It was so nice to meet them. I can see where Ruth gets her common sense from. I just love people with common sense. We decided we were very much alike. But I think if I got to know all of the ladies from our group, we'd find we have lost in common. We both have younger sons named Michael. But hers are much taller than mine. Oh for some height.


Ruth has two cats. They are mother and son. The son would crawl upon my lap and let me pet him until my heart was content. The mother just circled around me like saying, "I don't like strangers." But Ruth told me she'll bite, so I was leary of her also. Probably just as much as she was me.




Ruth and I, even tho I lost 26 pounds at the time, I am still chubby! Uck!






Eating Dinner Tuesday eve. Good meal. I had fried chicken and there were Red beets on the salad bar, so I had to have a few of them, even if I shouldn't of had.


While there, Ruth took me down to the area that was flooded last year. It broke my heart to see so many of the homes boarded up. There was too much mold and mildew to clean up, so I think these home will probably be destroyed.











No comments:

Post a Comment