The ladies and gentlemen have been most generous in their giving. We had over 30 dozen cookies of all kinds and over 128 knitted helmets to wear under their helmets to keep their heads warm during the winter. We have so enjoyed doing these things. We collected new toothbrushes, tooth paste, floss, polo shirts, books, magazines, small shampoos, conditioners, foot powder, wipes, products just for women,scarfs, phone cards, monies for postage, crayons and candy to give away to the children, and of course lots of cookies. We sent two boxes to each team and we have 8 teams that we send goodies.
Glenda Hilderbrand acking cookies in bags. We pack the cookies 3-4 in plastic bags as this makes it easier for them to take with them.
Packing boxes with goodies. Work, but fun work as we are giving of ourselves, which, to me, is the best kind of giving.
L to R: Linda Robson, Sandy Hoy, Char Ross, Sue Hepner
knitted helmets to keep heads warm. I wished I could knit when I saw them. Maybe I can learn, if someone will teach me?????
L to R: Sue Hepner, Sandy Hoy, Linda Robson, Char Ross
Filling the boxes
Some of the boxes ready to tape to mail
Putting in Supplies, doesn't like picture taking
Sue Hepner, Sandy Hoy
Linda Robson
Almost done with the job, See how happy we are. I wish to thank everyone who makes this project a success. If you haven't donated or made cookies, and would like to contact me at 255-6220. There are a lot of different groups doing the same as we do and this is a good thing!!!
Supporting our troops is so important. I could get political , however, I won't, as I believe war and things like that should not be so. We need to keep our soldiers, sailors, Marines and airforce morale up!
GOD BLESS AMERICA
No comments:
Post a Comment