This year for the first time in quite a while I went to North Carolina Eastern Star Grand Chapter. I had a good time and I think everyone there did too. It was good to be back. We had been out of the State for about 11 years. We knew we would retire in NC and I would be able to start participating again. I felt at home. Even though some of my friends are gone now, it was still good to go.
Elizabeth's music is so beautiful, I listen in awe when she plays.
She is very much a good and beautiful person. I am proud to call her my friend.
Donna Yates, Associate Grand Conductress. I just met Donna this year and she is a wonderful addition to our Grand Family. I know she will be a blessing in our Order.
Debbie and Jerry Keck, Debbie is an Eastern Star Sister. She has a heart of Gold and her work is most beautiful. It is the most perfect that I have seen. She is Worthy Matron, this year for Magnolia Chapter 26. I am glad to call her friend.
Linda Boner, Associate Grand Matron and newly elected
Steve Burgesses Associate Grand Patron. I do not know them very well, but I know they will be good as the head of our Order next year. A year of good fortune, I'm wishing for you. I know that there is a lot of work to be done by these two this year and I have the faith that when it is their time, it will be a year filled with friendship, and love.
Some of My Easter Star Sisters
Minnie Woods, LaThora Slaza, and Geraldine Moore during one of
our meetings at Grand Chapter.
Some of the people at the Secretary/Treasurer's Breakfast
This doily was made by Grace Rae's mother. I just thought it was so beautiful, I had to take a picture of it. Grace Rae is the Past Grand Matron, 2002-2003, from Carthage Chapter 154. She is a beautiful lady inside and out and her husband Jud is also. They have graciously opened their arms and took me into their lives. I am proud to have them as some of my dearest friends.
I belong to the Order of the Eastern Star and know that its teachings are the very pillars of aesthetics and morals, the very music of God's religion and therefore would pass on to you His word. For I know that in an age and day like this, when the foundations of society are trembling, when it has been said that another twenty-five years will tell whether this world will be Christian or communistic, I know that you and I can transform society if we will "live the poetry we sing," if we will live up to the sublime and beautiful principles of this great and Christian Order.
This author is unknown, but I so like the words and even tho they were put to paper years ago, they are still pertinent for today.
This author is unknown, but I so like the words and even tho they were put to paper years ago, they are still pertinent for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment