Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thanksgiving in with John's Family



Empty table waiting for people

Last November 2008, I spent Thanksgiving in Ohio with my sister-in-law. Really she is more like a sister to me. I trust her judgement and call her for some advice. She is much like her brother, and will give me two sides to listen to. She has the family on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

It was my first Thanksgiving and I really didn't want to be alone at the house without John. Everything was too new for me yet. So with his family around me I celebrated Thanksgiving. It was so comforting to be there and feel the love everyone had for each other. I am so blessed.


This is a full table with John's family. We also had one in the Kitchen with an overflow. I must post this also as John's Mom, Betty is sitting at this table.

There was so much food. We are truly blessed in America when we get together for Holidays.









John's Mom, Betty, his nephew Tom and a friend.











This next picture is of his sister Jeanette on the phone. I sneaked this one in. She has five children, well they are all grown with families of their own now. Three were home and two couldn't make it. But I think this is a call from one of them.

There was plenty of food and it was all good. I stayed almost two weeks, but I was afraid the snow would keep me there so I came back to good old NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment