A wonderful Trip to Iowa to see my Cousin.
For the first anniversary of John's Death and my 66 birthday, I went to Iowa to stay with my cousin Bob Charleston and his wife Lucy. They took me several wonderful places. We went most every day. I was very thankful that I was with them during this time.
The Ice Cream Capital of the World, is LaMars, Iowa where Blue Bunny Ice Cream is made. The tradition is one of the banks gives away free ice cream to its customers and also has a band, playing big band era songs. The ice cream was so good and the music was fantastic. There was also a singer. So enjoyable.

Lucy and I listening to the Band. Good Music!

Bob eating Ice Cream

Lucy eating Ice Cream
In the evening we went to a local play at the Lamb Theatre, Sioux City, Iowa. "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" was something to see. The players and children were so good, you almost felt like you were on Broadway. It is remarkable what Amateurs can do. I so enjoyed it and if you ever get a chance to see this play, whether professionals or armatures, please do so.
We also went to Palmer's Candy Factory, where Palmer's candies are made. They also had sugar free candy, so I got a few pieces to try. It is good. Of course some of it is sugar free.
On Sunday June 21st. and June 28th, we went to church at Hope Lutheran Church. It is a small congregation, but growing. I thoroughly enjoyed worshiping with this congregation
On Sunday Evening we went to a
band concert at Grandview Park in Sioux City, Iowa. The band played in the Grandview Park Band Shell. Here are some pictures.
The Ice Cream Capital of the World, is LaMars, Iowa where Blue Bunny Ice Cream is made. The tradition is one of the banks gives away free ice cream to its customers and also has a band, playing big band era songs. The ice cream was so good and the music was fantastic. There was also a singer. So enjoyable.
Lucy and I listening to the Band. Good Music!
Bob eating Ice Cream
Lucy eating Ice Cream
In the evening we went to a local play at the Lamb Theatre, Sioux City, Iowa. "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" was something to see. The players and children were so good, you almost felt like you were on Broadway. It is remarkable what Amateurs can do. I so enjoyed it and if you ever get a chance to see this play, whether professionals or armatures, please do so.
We also went to Palmer's Candy Factory, where Palmer's candies are made. They also had sugar free candy, so I got a few pieces to try. It is good. Of course some of it is sugar free.
On Sunday June 21st. and June 28th, we went to church at Hope Lutheran Church. It is a small congregation, but growing. I thoroughly enjoyed worshiping with this congregation
On Sunday Evening we went to a
This is the place the band played. There are seats like church pews; and also some bring their lawn chairs or blankets. It was so cute to see the young children (3-12) running around. They didn't make a disturbance, just was there.
Bob and Lucy enjoying the concert. Some of the songs played are
Symphony No. 6 Third Movement, Finale
When you Wish upon a Star
Dances of the Witches From The Witches of Eastwick
America The Beautiful
There was always a sing-a-long and Everyone stood and sang
The Star Spangled Banner
No comments:
Post a Comment